What’s the Difference Between Helical Pier vs. Push Pier Foundation?
Are you dealing with a sinking foundation of your property? One solution to this problem is to use either helical piers or push piers to make the foundation structurally sound again. However, what is the difference between push piers and helical piers? Keep on reading this article to find out about push pier vs helical pier.
Helical Piers vs Push Piers – What Is the Difference?
The main difference is that helical piers are like screws, while push piers are like nails. However, there are more differences, including the following:
- Cost. Helical piers require more workforce, which makes them more expensive. Push piers can be set up by one person only, so they are slightly cheaper.
- Safety. There is a difference in tolerance range that affects safety. Since helical piers have a higher tolerance range, they are considered safer.
- The way of installation. There is also a difference in installation. For helical piers, either angled or vertical installation is required. If you choose push piers, only vertical installation is possible.
- Listing capacity. Even though both these solutions have a good lifting capacity to lift a house and repair the foundation, there is still a slight difference. The lifting capacity of helical piers is higher: 74,000 pounds vs. 68,000 pounds.
- Broken footing. When there are broken footings in the foundation, push piers cannot be used.
- Warranty. Usually, helical piers have a lifetime warranty, while push piers are provided with a ten-year warranty or more.
- Construction type. Push piers are usually used in larger commercial construction projects, while helical piers are more suitable for smaller residential projects.
High Plains Engineering & Consulting, LLC – Structural Engineering in Hudson, CO
Do you need help with your residential or commercial building project? Or are you trying to get to the bottom of what is causing faults in your building’s structure and foundation? You should contact High Plains Engineering & Consulting, LLC — an engineering company serving clients in Hudson, Brighton, Commerce City, and Strasburg, CO. Our team of professional and experienced engineers is ready to get involved in any step of your construction process. We make sure that your construction project meets the local building code requirements and that the foundation of your building is solid and stable. We work closely with owners, architects, and builders to ensure that every building project is completed properly. If you have any questions, or you want to know more about the services we offer, feel free to contact us.
Categorised in: House Building